R.E. Music

An area to discuss the happenings with Eclectic and Mental guitarist Robert Eldridge. Just getting it started mates... Talk to you soon Please visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE http://www.roberteldridge.com

Monday, December 04, 2006

"Tryin to get me shoppin dirty"

Last Friday, I drove over to the Safeway store right around the corner of my office to get some saline solution for my contacts. As I was driving into to the parking lot. This Englewood or Greenwood Village police officer observered me with a suspicious eye. I did not think anything of it at the time. I got out of my car and went into Safeway to get my fluid. Out of the corner of my eye I see him proceeds to stop and of course get out of his car. The officer then comes into to the store maybe to get some donut or something. I asked the clerk where the saline solution was and she said the shelf over there. I said, "I don't see it". She then said, "I thought you meant the other saline(nasal?) She then said, The other side of the aisle. Bingo, I found my solution. I then look up and see Officer Gary Livingston (I was so close that I was able to see his name therefore I noted ) in the next aisle with that typical cautionous profiling look given to ethnographic people such as me. I got my saline went to the check out line. It was 6 deep with one checker. I said screw this, I will get myself a grande sugar free hazel-nut latte at the Starbucks kiosk in Safeway because I knew the line would be short. Of course at the time Officer Livingston was in the front of store watching me. I left the store with my saline and latte. I did not look back to see if the bacon was done. Crime-SHOPPING WHILE BLACK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home